Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tthomas612

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 24, 2013
I know that back when the iPhone 7 was first released or around that time that there was claims of random iPhone 7 reboots.

My iPhone 7 (128 gb) is shutting itself off and rebooting at various times. Last night it had over half of the battery left and all a sudden phone reboots to the Apple logo then comes on I put in my passcode and reboots again. The phone was at 57% when this happened.

Finally it comes back on and I go into.an app and it does it again. It did it a total of 9 times last night in a matter of 30 minutes. This morning it has done it 3 times already.

I've restored the phone from new already and its still doing it. So of course I contact Support and they run diagnostics on the phone. She says oh yeah there's definitely something wrong with you phone and sets me up a genius bar appointment for today at 4:10...

I really want to know if anyone has had similar problems and if anyone knows the cause or if there's a fix.

Tthomas612

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 24, 2013
Do you have Google Drive installed perhaps?

No Google drive at all. I have some Google stuff installed, but not drive.

My thing is I really hate having my phone switched out. Hell I had my share of that with the iPhone 5C and don't wanna go back to that again

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Yeah I get it.

There were a lot of random rebooting issues reported when the first jailbreak for 9.0.2 was released. BLoD (Boot Loop of Death) was a common issue. But some of it was caused by the stock issue you mentioned in your first post.

I had some random resprings at one point and that was narrowed down to Google Drive and Google Photos, both of which I removed and it stopped.

In your case, since I know a jailbreak is not part of the equation, is your phone up to date? I believe 10.3.2 is the latest.

Tthomas612

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 24, 2013
Yeah I get it.

There were a lot of random rebooting issues reported when the first jailbreak for 9.0.2 was released. BLoD (Boot Loop of Death) was a common issue. But some of it was caused by the stock issue you mentioned in your first post.

I had some random resprings at one point and that was narrowed down to Google Drive and Google Photos, both of which I removed and it stopped.

In your case, since I know a jailbreak is not part of the equation, is your phone up to date? I believe 10.3.2 is the latest.

Yeah all my software is up to date and I haven't jailbroke my iPhone since the iPhone 6.

I don't know ow this one has me bumfuzzled. I guess I'm just going to the Apple Store at 4:00 and hoping for the best. I really don't want them to switch the phone out. My phone's unlocked and even though I know they won't I always fear they'll give me a locked one.

Hell I got lucky and Apple gave me an unlocked iPhone when I was with Sprint, but there's always the fear they give me a locked one when it should be unlocked ... Lol

Reactions: eyoungren

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Yeah all my software is up to date and I haven't jailbroke my iPhone since the iPhone 6.

I don't know ow this one has me bumfuzzled. I guess I'm just going to the Apple Store at 4:00 and hoping for the best. I really don't want them to switch the phone out. My phone's unlocked and even though I know they won't I always fear they'll give me a locked one.

Hell I got lucky and Apple gave me an unlocked iPhone when I was with Sprint, but there's always the fear they give me a locked one when it should be unlocked ... Lol
Try this first.

Backup your phone, either through iCloud or iTunes so you have a backup.

Restore your phone as new. Use it for a while. If you have no random reboots then it's something in your data.

If you DO have random reboots then it's hardware or software and there isn't anything you can do about it.

Restore to your backup when you've narrowed it down.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.