Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Camarillo Brillo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 6, 2019
I have been on the fence about taking apple up on their $110 trade-in value on my iPhone 7 for a new SE.

However with the 12 launch now just a couple weeks away, I'm thinking I will wait to decide. I might want to go for the smaller 12 if the price is right and battery life is significantly better than the SE (with its small size, could it be??)

What are the chances apple will lower the trade-in value on my 7 when the 12 launches? or even worse, what are the chances they stop offering anything for the 7?

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
Apple trade-in values decrease regularly so the chances are high that it will be a lower trade-in even next week. An option to consider to possibly get more money is to sell it on Swappa.com or even see what you can get (via the online trade-in estimator tool) with MacMeAnOffer.com or CashForYourMac.com.

treyjustice

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2009
TX
Tmobile was offering $500 for iPhone 7 and up for the new Galaxy S20 FE 5G. I jumped on that and traded an old one I had lying around. They will probably have something similar for new iPhone. Not sure who your carrier is though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.