Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tzipi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 8, 2016
Edited to add- Just realized I posted this in the wrong place and cant seem to find a way to delete it. Mod help?

I might just be jumping the gun in all this but I'm desperate for a new phone. Only issue is I'm currently with Virgin Mobile and would like to stay prepaid (though open to other options for sure within the prepaid plan realm). I've got bad credit and I'm disabled so saving money is important. I've had other iPhones in the past(on plan from AT&T and Verizon), alwsys been an Apple girl, but due to cost and blah blah have been with Virgin with a cruddy $20 smartphone. I'm going insane from how awful this phone is (amazed its functional at all as it's almost 2 years old).

I don't fully understand how all this stuff works. My understanding is many or most Virgin phones have to be bought through them but I'm unsure if that's still the case with iPhone?

I intend to buy a phone outright. Ive got some savings to work with and im also in the process of moving to another state so best to buy the phone now and pay up front and get the most cost effective plan I can manage because after the move money is going to be much tighter for the foreseeable future.

Can I preorder one tonight or not? If I buy outright would it work with Virgin? Any othet recommendations for prepaid plans with iPhone 7 (would just like to stay away from anything Verizon related since I still owe them money). Moving to a major city so I should be pretty good for coverage (even was fine there with Virgin/ Sprint surprisingly). Or should I maybe calm down, suffer it out with my crap phone, and wait another week or to to see what the prepaid carriers are saying about iPhone 7?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.