Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Michael91

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2023
Finnmark
my iPhone 7 only shows Apple in the middle of the screen, then it turns off and on like that all the time. what can i do to make it turn on and stay on, not just show the apple logo and then turn off and on all the time.

Last edited:

asus389

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2019
USA
If it drained the battery all the way down, try putting it on a known good charger for several hours to see if it will work again. You could then try a reset/restore if its not working. Otherwise, you probably need to have it serviced.

Reactions: dz5b609

Michael91

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2023
Finnmark
If it drained the battery all the way down, try putting it on a known good charger for several hours to see if it will work again. You could then try a reset/restore if its not working. Otherwise, you probably need to have it serviced.
if I plug in the charger, it just turns on, only then the Apple logo appears on the display, then it turns off again after a couple of seconds. off on. should it just sit in the charger while it turns on and off all the time

Jackbequickly

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2022
Sounds to me like service is required. Be aware that a badly worn battery should not be left on the charger for long periods of time and can cause the battery to swell or worst, they have been known to catch fire. Unless your battery has been replaced it is at least 7 years old, well beyond it's service life.

You really need to have Apple take a look at it. It very well could be your "old friend" is dead . . . . .

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
iPhone 7 had an unfixable problem known as ‘Loop Disease’. The phone gets stuck in a loop during startup.
This may be what has developed with your 7 too.

Take it to a repair shop to verify.

Reactions: JPack
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.