Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rapidgaz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2014
Hi folks. My home button is cracked, still working for now, but I would expect it to break.
Can you replace just the home button. Cheers for any help.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
You can replace the home button, but if you do it on your own, you lose the Touch ID function. If you take it to the Apple store and they replace it, then your Touch ID will still work.

rapidgaz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2014
Hi shadow. I went to  store today, they tell me I need a new screen which is 170£.

rapidgaz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2014
Oh shoot. No worries. Luckily it’s still working at moment. So I may as well get it done at a later date. Thanks for your help.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Hi shadow. I went to  store today, they tell me I need a new screen which is 170£.

Because the Touch ID and dislay are fused together. If you decide to have it repaired, I would only allow Apple to make the repair To avoid any potential issues, which Apple may not warranty otherwise.

heov

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2002
It's not really a home "button" anymore. It's all 1 piece. Can't replace the circular region only. Thats like trying to replace half the screen. On older phones, you could replace just the home button.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.