Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

snarlz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 25, 2011
United Kingdom
Whatever the next model is called, if the Jet Black is continued would you buy it again? Personally I would it's a thing of beauty! (Yes it's just a phone etc)

Sunny1990

Suspended
Feb 13, 2015
For sure if they will fix this scratch problem,for now i changed my mind to matte black

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Whatever the next model is called, if the Jet Black is continued would you buy it again? Personally I would it's a thing of beauty! (Yes it's just a phone etc)

No. It's an appealing color, but Apple releases a new color almost every year. They will likely improve any issues users with the writing peeling off and micro abrasions.

Tmelon

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2011
I'd be torn between Jet Black and Matte Black. I have the Jet Black now and I love it, but there's just something really professional looking about the MB. What I'm really hoping for is that Apple releases a glossy white iPhone similar to the 3G/3GS.

yanksfan114

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2011
I think I'd take the plunge to JB from my Black 7+ I have now. I'd imagine demand would be less, which was part of the decision to go with regular Black. If they add an OLED screen as well, that phone might look stunning:eek:

JRoque092

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2016
I'd definitely come back to JB, it's so slick. My pops has the MB and it's awesome too but I just love this finish (2 weeks in, maybe I'm still in the honeymoon phase lol). The only way I'd probably change colors is if they added a royal blue or something like that.

Hansana

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2014
What I think is they will have iPhone edition for the anniversary with a ceramic body

entropik

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2005

I would buy whichever finish is least likely to go flying out of my hand. If grippiness were equal, I would prefer a matte finish.

UnifiedMelody

macrumors 6502
Nov 17, 2017
Australia

Wouldn't buy jet black, glossy devices drive my OCD to the next level of insanity [i like to keep my phones clean]...

well i know i have the iPhone X in silver, but still i like to keep it clean despite white color showing less reflections.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.