Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ted Powell

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 18, 2017
Looking to upgrade my iPhone and can get an iPhone 8 64gb or an iPhone 7 128gb for about the same cost.

I'm not too clued up on the models and technology in general, so would really appreciate some advice as to which is a better investment for a 2-year contract. The new model with less storage, or older model with more storage?

Thanks!

nouveau_redneck

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2017
If you can't live with 64 GB, then you either need to get the 7 or save some more cash. If 64 GB is not an issue, then get the 8 for sure.

nviz22

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2013
64gb memory is sufficient and I would go with the 8. It has the better speakers, higher quality camera, faster processor, true tone display, quick charging, wireless charging, etc.

Reactions: timeconsumer

timeconsumer

macrumors 68020
Aug 1, 2008
Portland
Looking to upgrade my iPhone and can get an iPhone 8 64gb or an iPhone 7 128gb for about the same cost.

I'm not too clued up on the models and technology in general, so would really appreciate some advice as to which is a better investment for a 2-year contract. The new model with less storage, or older model with more storage?

Thanks!
For keeping the phone only 2 years both would be fine. However, I'd recommend the 8 for the reasons @nviz22 mentioned. Also, if you plan to resell the device in 2 years, the 8 would sell for more.

Reactions: nviz22

GreenPea

macrumors member
Aug 20, 2015
Atlanta, GA

Thanks!
Get the 8. Period.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016

Thanks!

The logical answer would be the iPhone 8, but I would also ask yourself how much storage do you really need? If you're somewhere that requires more storage and you don't care about the specifications between both iPhones, then perhaps the 7 might be a better option in your situation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.