Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KriStellar26

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 10, 2015
I recently updated my iOS software to 11.3.1.. I wish I hadn't! My battery seems to be draining quickly now. I would normally rave about the battery in this phone, could go all day and still be at 50%. Nope, now I'm seeing 50% around mid-day. I have seen a couple other posts on here where others are experiencing the same issue. This is a first where it was this noticeable for me. So I am here inquiring about if it is possible for me to back out of this update after the fact? Can I go back to what I had? May be a stupid question, but I had to ask.. Thanks in advance!

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I recently updated my iOS software to 11.3.1.. I wish I hadn't! My battery seems to be draining quickly now. I would normally rave about the battery in this phone, could go all day and still be at 50%. Nope, now I'm seeing 50% around mid-day. I have seen a couple other posts on here where others are experiencing the same issue. This is a first where it was this noticeable for me. So I am here inquiring about if it is possible for me to back out of this update after the fact? Can I go back to what I had? May be a stupid question, but I had to ask.. Thanks in advance!
There's no way to go back at this point. You can try some troubleshooting like looking at what apps might be behind some additional battery drain, perhaps changing some settings, maybe even resetting some settings, or even reinstalling.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/battery-11-3-1-again.2117420/ might be of some use as well.

ipooed

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2014
I experienced the same on a 7+, I could only take it for a few days before downgrading back to 11.3 (however I did this while 11.3 was still being signed)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.