Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mguzzi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
Columbia SC
I have an iPhone 8 and it is less than a year old. My battery Health is at 93% and the Battery doesn't even last all day and I hardly ever use it. Apple News seems is the app that is listed that is draining the battery. Is anyone else having battery life issues with the iPhone 8? Could my issues have been caused by iOS14? I just wanted to see what everyones thoughts are before I backup my phone and restore it to try and fix the poor battery life.

Thank You -

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
Maybe for others to be able to compare better, could you share your average screen time and how much you’re spending to work inside of Apple News?
Has the app been listed as a big battery consumer previously?

mguzzi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
Columbia SC
Here is a screen shot of my battery usage - it's my work phone and I hardly use it other then email and text. It was Apple News Yesterday that was showing the most activity when the phone was nearly dead. I don't really use Apple New on this phone and as you can see I don't use it much at all.

Attachments

• IMG_AB17FFBD0B5F-1.jpeg
    IMG_AB17FFBD0B5F-1.jpeg
    391.1 KB · Views: 79

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I have an iPhone 8 and it is less than a year old. My battery Health is at 93% and the Battery doesn't even last all day and I hardly ever use it. Apple News seems is the app that is listed that is draining the battery. Is anyone else having battery life issues with the iPhone 8? Could my issues have been caused by iOS14? I just wanted to see what everyones thoughts are before I backup my phone and restore it to try and fix the poor battery life.

Thank You -
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/ios-14-battery-life.2254924/ might be of some help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.