Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bearington

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 22, 2017
From a normal viewing distance, it looks like there's a black line right on the edge - since the paint is chipped/cracked, the black underneath shows through. I've tried to take a close up photo.

Does anyone else have this? I'm really hesitant to play yet another phone lottery as I've already exchanged numerous times due to screen issues such as dead pixels, and half of the screen being warmer than the other :(

hYs1RrT.jpg

bearington

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 22, 2017
Are you talking about at the corner there? It just looks like it isn't 100% flush and there's some small dust/particles in there.

Yes, it's the bottom right corner. That's the best pic that I've managed to get, but here's a more zoomed in version which hopefully shows it better.
Xitxvl4.png

Strelok

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2017
United States
So to me that just looks like there's a gap, which mine has some minor ones. That one looks kind of big though, but it just looks like dust in there. Mine has that too, although again it isn't as noticeable since the gaps are smaller.

You could go to an Apple store and see if they consider it a defect or not. I think they would exchange it.

Reactions: bearington

bearington

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 22, 2017
So to me that just looks like there's a gap, which mine has some minor ones. That one looks kind of big though, but it just looks like dust in there. Mine has that too, although again it isn't as noticeable since the gaps are smaller.

You could go to an Apple store and see if they consider it a defect or not. I think they would exchange it.
Op...

Apple will 100% exchange that with no headaches.

I suppose there could be worse defects, but back to Apple it goes...

Thanks guys!

Reactions: Strelok
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.