Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dborja

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2007
Northern California
I was going to pull the trigger on an 8+ this weekend but decided to wait 'til Black Friday. A $165 discount will most likely persuade me to upgrade my 6s+ :)

ACST

Suspended
Sep 5, 2016

Not, maybe 50 dollars of on black friday but that's about it. Remember that they are trying to gain market share in China, ie getting people hooked on Apple products. No need for that in the USA or Europe. + that they get manufactured in China so cheaper to sell them there, because of way lower shipping costs for Apple.

Reactions: myscrnnm

myscrnnm

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
Seattle, WA
I imagine we could see some promotions around Black Friday, but China is also a very different market when it comes to smartphones. I would say it's much more competitive there because there are many well established domestic manufacturers. Preferences also seem to be much more polarized, with many lower income customers who just want the cheapest smartphone possible, and the very rich who want the prestigious foreign (ie European and American) brands.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.