Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Brandonjr36

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 12, 2016
Joplin
Hey guys bought iPhone 8 12 days ago. It’s stuck on black screen. Won’t do anything. Siri works and it makes weried alarm sound. Since it’s within 14 days can I take it back to my carrier and exchange it out for a new one?

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
Have you tried a hard reboot? Press and hold both the power and home buttons until the white apple appears, then release both buttons.

John8888

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2017
Hey guys bought iPhone 8 12 days ago. It’s stuck on black screen. Won’t do anything. Siri works and it makes weried alarm sound. Since it’s within 14 days can I take it back to my carrier and exchange it out for a new one?
I had exactly the same with my ip8 after 15 days, so I had to put up with a new one in white box / modelnr. N. In your case, get your money back and buy a new.

Reactions: Sunnyday2017

fischersd

macrumors 603
Oct 23, 2014
Port Moody, BC, Canada
I had exactly the same with my ip8 after 15 days, so I had to put up with a new one in white box / modelnr. N. In your case, get your money back and buy a new.
"Put up with" ? At this point, there's no difference. The only reason that they typically give a different model identifier so they know if the device has been replaced already. Exactly the same. If anything, they may actually be put through an extra QC cycle to ensure that they're flawless.

Reactions: Gathomblipoob

Stephen.Trae

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2015
I just hope it doesn’t mess with my bogo deal from att
It shouldn’t. Since you got the BOGO I would call AT&T support and inform them of what happened. They’re probably going to refer you contact Apple since your phone is automatically under 1 year of warranty unless you have insurance through AT&T.

Brandonjr36

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 12, 2016
Joplin
It shouldn’t. Since you got the BOGO I would call AT&T support and inform them of what happened. They’re probably going to refer you contact Apple since your phone is automatically under 1 year of warranty unless you have insurance through AT&T.
Yeah I don’t really want to deal with Apple. As there is no Apple store around me closest is about 150 miles away. Since I’m within my 14 days they should just exchange it for another shouldn’t they?

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
"Put up with" ? At this point, there's no difference. The only reason that they typically give a different model identifier so they know if the device has been replaced already. Exactly the same. If anything, they may actually be put through an extra QC cycle to ensure that they're flawless.
Exactly. People are so instantly ready to feel appalled the second they feel something might of not be the very best or most perfect thing possible that they lose all sense of logic and reason.

So much fear and misinformation.

Stephen.Trae

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2015
Yeah I don’t really want to deal with Apple. As there is no Apple store around me closest is about 150 miles away. Since I’m within my 14 days they should just exchange it for another shouldn’t they?
For sure! If not you can contact Apple and tell them you’re not close to one and they’ll send you a box and all you have to do is send it back to them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.