Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

glite

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2018
I’m new to this website but have had trouble finding hell elsewhere.

I recently bought a new iPhone 8 gold and after a few days I rubbed it against the side of the shower and found that the paint scratched off on the sides! I’m so disappointed. My old Galaxy S6 didn’t scratch at all after two years of use.

Does anyone have any ways I can repairs these paint scratches?! They are minor but super noticeable to me. I’m getting a case soon....

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I’m new to this website but have had trouble finding hell elsewhere.

I recently bought a new iPhone 8 gold and after a few days I rubbed it against the side of the shower and found that the paint scratched off on the sides! I’m so disappointed. My old Galaxy S6 didn’t scratch at all after two years of use.

Does anyone have any ways I can repairs these paint scratches?! They are minor but super noticeable to me. I’m getting a case soon....

There is no way to touch up the paint on the iPhone 8, because it's anodized aluminum. It's permanent damage. Your best option is to use a case as you mentioned to conceal it.

Reactions: itsbennett
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.