Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jumpinbeans

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 29, 2012
Has anyone running 14.4.2 on an iPhone 8 noticed that it is markedly slower these days? Perhaps mine needs a wipe and reset but doing things which you take for granted like opening the camera, looking through photos, launching some apps are noticeably slower. You used to be able to click and it would launch straight away but now you have to wait a second or two. Not a big thing but frustrating none the less.

dimitricook

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2013
Have exactly the same issue. I thought it was because mine was replaced under warranty by apple with a remanufactured one. Maybe this has something to do with my new HW, but reading this it might be sw, lets wait for ios 14.5 next week.

Motionblurrr

macrumors 65816
Jul 1, 2008
14.2.2 is less buggy than 14.2 or 14.2.1 but it is still buggy. Even on brand new 2020 iPhones there is some stutter and lag.

14.5 looks very promising since there's been so many beta's and it seems Apple has heard some of the annoying bugs and they've worked on it. I'd update to 14.5 without a doubt this week.

MICHAELSD

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
How’s your Battery Health?

I’m testing an iPhone SE and it’s surprisingly a night-and-day difference as far as performance is concerned with my 8+ that’s sitting at 80% battery health.

Jumpinbeans

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 29, 2012
How’s your Battery Health?
My battery health is currently 83% but has been at that exact level for over a year, space i am using around 27gb of 64gb. Even after a reboot the phone is sluggish.

As @Motionblurrr said, I'll get 14.5 and give it a week or so and see how it does then.

tedley

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2009
Sacramento
My battery health is currently 83% but has been at that exact level for over a year, space i am using around 27gb of 64gb. Even after a reboot the phone is sluggish.

As @Motionblurrr said, I'll get 14.5 and give it a week or so and see how it does then.
I have an iPhone 8plus and have noticed the same thing on 14.4.2. My wife has an 8 on 14.4.2 with the same issue as well. I even did a backup and restore, no change. Battery life 82% since last October. Almost ready to upgrade.

Reactions: Jumpinbeans
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.