Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

irobot2090

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 27, 2017
Hi Guys,

I have a brand new iPhone 8 Plus, pictures took from this camera is so much Noise & Grainy. Is that normal? looks so awful compare to my 7 Plus.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
It depends on the conditions when the picture was taken. 8 plus has the best camera Apple has ever put on the iPhone, are you able to take a picture with your 8 plus and the 7 plus side by side for comparison?

irobot2090

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 27, 2017
yeah I did compared both of the iPhones. But seems like at night time, iPhone 7+ seem to be better than the 8+. I didn't see that much noise and grainy on the iPhone 7+. Day time I still think the 7+ might be better too.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
yeah I did compared both of the iPhones. But seems like at night time, iPhone 7+ seem to be better than the 8+. I didn't see that much noise and grainy on the iPhone 7+. Day time I still think the 7+ might be better too.

It could be a faulty unit or your perception. Definitely the camera on the 8 Plus is better and in daylight shots it’s pretty obvious.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.