Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

philpalmiero

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 5, 2010
NOVA
My display cracked, I don’t know how. I have AppleCare+. Will Apple swap my phone for a refurbished phone or will they actually replace the glass on my phone?

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
My display cracked, I don’t know how. I have AppleCare+. Will Apple swap my phone for a refurbished phone or will they actually replace the glass on my phone?

Sometimes stores vary under the decision making process, but I believe they will just replace your display given it’s cracked.

Reactions: acorntoy

Vermifuge

macrumors 68020
Mar 7, 2009
depends on stock unhid. you could get a new one or a referee

Last edited:

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Either way the device will be back as it was. Why do you care?

Perhaps there are reasons you’re not aware of. That said, I can’t directly speak for the OP, however; some customers are not interested in refurbished iPhones, they want their original iPhone back because they don’t want to take the risk of having a refurbished device that they may find other issues with later on (Dust, display abnormalities, ect) that their original iPhone never experienced in the first place. Of what I said is correct, that would not be the first time other members share those thoughts.

Last edited:

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
Perhaps there are reasons you’re not aware of. That said, I can’t directly speak for the OP, however; some customers are not interested in refurbished iPhones, they want their original iPhone back because they don’t want to take the risk of having a refurbished device that they may find other issues with later on (Dust, display abnormalities, ect) that their original iPhone never experienced in the first place. Of what I said is correct, that would not be the first time other members share those thoughts.

I understand that but the misconception about Apple refurbished products has to be pretty well spread for a thread like this to crop up every other day. If you know what I mean.

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2017
I understand that but the misconception about Apple refurbished products has to be pretty well spread for a thread like this to crop up every other day. If you know what I mean.

For me it's a case of 'Better the devil you know'. We've all experienced the situation where our phone exhibits issues that few others seem to have - you know, the devices that have some microscopic anomaly somewhere deep inside the circuitry that makes the device behave 'differently' from almost everyone else.

Sometimes folk don't like the idea of getting a device that 'might' be one of those devices.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016

Yes, there are multiple threads about Apple refurbished products being very well renowned for their quality, but this member is also new and perhaps is not aware or experienced enough with their replacement devices.

Reactions: akash.nu
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.