Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Leo90

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
Switzerland
Hello folks,

I bought recently an iPhone 8 Plus and I totally love it. However, I’ve noticed that the phone freezes completely at random sometimes and the only way out is to perform a hard reset. I already went to the Apple Store and they gave me a new one and the problem persists. Are you guys observing any of that? I’ve noticed that it usually happens after I finish a FaceTime call so maybe it is an issue with iOS11. What do you guys think?

Suckfest 9001

Suspended
May 31, 2015
Canada
Interesting. Are you restoring from backup? It could be that. I definitely set up my 8 Plus as a new iPhone to avoid stuff like this. But yeah, I'm not getting this issue at all, and I've had the 8 Plus since launch.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Hello folks,

I bought recently an iPhone 8 Plus and I totally love it. However, I’ve noticed that the phone freezes completely at random sometimes and the only way out is to perform a hard reset. I already went to the Apple Store and they gave me a new one and the problem persists. Are you guys observing any of that? I’ve noticed that it usually happens after I finish a FaceTime call so maybe it is an issue with iOS11. What do you guys think?

Back up your information, and set up as a new device. If you use the restore option, it can transfer over issues or glitches.

Leo90

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
Switzerland
Interesting. Are you restoring from backup? It could be that. I definitely set up my 8 Plus as a new iPhone to avoid stuff like this. But yeah, I'm not getting this issue at all, and I've had the 8 Plus since launch.

I always set up the device as new to avoid those kind of issues :p
[doublepost=1508958356][/doublepost]
I think it’s ios11

It’s been happening to my 7

Yeah, I’ve read some users complaints about the very same issue on Apple’s support website. I guess it is a matter of waiting for iOS 11.1. iOS 11 is actually quite glitchy on my iPad Pro 10.5 as well

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.