Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jazz1

Contributor
Original poster
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
I have an iPhone 8 + that I stored when I went to the Xs. This weekend, after no one in my family wanted the phone due to physical size. I then went through the Herculean task of getting it unlocked on AT&T (what a nightmare). I guess I'll Gazzele it.

Anyway, after installing iOS 13 on it I was was pleasantly surprised how nice it looked (especially in dark mode) and how well it runs on the new iOS!

Geez, I probably should have held out and skipped the Xs given what I know now. I know, "hindsight is 20/20". But I will say how pleasantly surprised I was. So Kudos to Apple and the iOS team and beta testers!

Has anyone else with the 8+ got the warm glow going again? :D

Reactions: jpn

saudor

macrumors 68000
Jul 18, 2011
im holding onto my 8+ for a very long time. At the end of the day, it's a phone and all my needs will be met even with something like a 6s. That A11 is extremely powerful

Reactions: jpn

Elitegate

macrumors 6502a
Nov 2, 2014
I have an iPhone 8 + that I stored when I went to the Xs. This weekend, after no one in my family wanted the phone due to physical size. I then went through the Herculean task of getting it unlocked on AT&T (what a nightmare). I guess I'll Gazzele it.

Anyway, after installing iOS 13 on it I was was pleasantly surprised how nice it looked (especially in dark mode) and how well it runs on the new iOS!

Geez, I probably should have held out and skipped the Xs given what I know now. I know, "hindsight is 20/20". But I will say how pleasantly surprised I was. So Kudos to Apple and the iOS team and beta testers!

Has anyone else with the 8+ got the warm glow going again? :D

I love my 8 Plus. I don't find it too big. I got used to the size after 1 - 2 days. Will keep it many more years.

babygirl44

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2008
Just set up iOS 13 on my 8+. It looks great and feels faster. I just hate how big the favourites icons/thumbnails looks on an empty safari tab looks. Is there any way I can make the icons here look smaller? Like it did on iOS 12?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.