Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FunkiFuriaku

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 9, 2014
so recently bought a iphone 8 Plus used it for 3 days now and noticed a bright line on top of the screen if i tilt not noticeable when laying flat on a table etc.. I tought my 7 plus didn't had it.. Anyway it doesn't bother me that much but i feel i don't have a perfect phone like it used to be. Can someone check their display if you have it too? I'm gonna check display models tomorrow. I allready put a glass screen protector on it so i kinda don't want to return it.. Also i live in belgium and customer service here is pretty bad so i don't think they would even replace it... Here is a picture too you can see a white line..
image.jpg

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
so recently bought a iphone 8 Plus used it for 3 days now and noticed a bright line on top of the screen if i tilt not noticeable when laying flat on a table etc.. I tought my 7 plus didn't had it.. Anyway it doesn't bother me that much but i feel i don't have a perfect phone like it used to be. Can someone check their display if you have it too? I'm gonna check display models tomorrow. I allready put a glass screen protector on it so i kinda don't want to return it.. Also i live in belgium and customer service here is pretty bad so i don't think they would even replace it... Here is a picture too you can see a white line.. View attachment 752113

The only thing I can think of is if there is some type of separation/unevenness from the LCD panel and the laminate allowing light to seep through. At least that’s how it appears to me.

FunkiFuriaku

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 9, 2014
I wouldn't worry about it personally as I am sure you can't see it in normal use, but return it if you must.
Do you have it too then i checked the display models als they are all the same.. so i guess it's normal

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Do you have it too then i checked the display models als they are all the same.. so i guess it's normal

I don’t think it’s ‘Normal’, but it doesn’t seem to affect the phone itself aside from the top of the display.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
It's a bleed issue. Can it be replaced? Perhaps. Set an appointment and have a Genius look at it. State that when you view movies with dark scenes, it can pop out. Goes to quality of experience being ruined.

FunkiFuriaku

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 9, 2014
Just checked mine. I can't see any light bleed.

View attachment 752224
No you need a white background to see it forgot to tell you guys that check it with a white background
[doublepost=1519470475][/doublepost]
I don’t think it’s ‘Normal’, but it doesn’t seem to affect the phone itself aside from the top of the display.
It probably is how the display is being made since all models in all stores have it even the normal size iphones so i guess i can live with that better this than a device that could be worse if i replace it
[doublepost=1519470540][/doublepost]
It's a bleed issue. Can it be replaced? Perhaps. Set an appointment and have a Genius look at it. State that when you view movies with dark scenes, it can pop out. Goes to quality of experience being ruined.
There is no light bleed if there is a black background the line is gone. So only on a white background the line appears

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.