Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Qu1ckset

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 7, 2013
Toronto, Canada
I’ve noticed my iPhone 8 screen does not go to sleep unless I press the power/sleep button , in settings it’s supposed to go to sleep after 1min.

Has anyone figured out a fix for this issue ?

will0407

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2006
I’ve noticed my iPhone 8 screen does not go to sleep unless I press the power/sleep button , in settings it’s supposed to go to sleep after 1min.

Has anyone figured out a fix for this issue ?

+1 on this issue. I usually do a soft reset when i notice it happening but it does seem to come back now and again

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
Same here on my iPhone X — except mine will not go to sleep after a notification comes in, despite the fact that it’s set to auto lock after 30 seconds. That’s a big problem on a device with an OLED screen.

jaexprojectxd

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2006
San Jose, Ca
My sister has the 8+ and was having the same issue. I searched here and found this solution, which I can confirm resolved her issue. The steps was posted by Ladybug 10/13:

Someone posted this on Apple forums..might work for you too

1. Turn off passcode at Settings > Touch ID & Passcode > Turn Passcode Off.

2. Restart your device.

3. Turn on passcode at Settings > Touch ID & Passcode > Turn Passcode On. (Do not delete your saved finger prints.)

This worked for me. Auto Lock works once more.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/auto-lock-not-working-on-iphone-8.2077628/#post-25455532

Reactions: Ladybug
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.