Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PBz

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 3, 2005
SoCal
My posts on this show patience & work on my part. I’ve used every public and public beta iteration available and the in-application issue remains. An Apple Lead Tech admitted it sounds really bad. Replaced phone & issue remains.

Why should I pay the premium for the 8+over the 7+? The 7+ camera is very close and that is my priority.

Come on Apple .. speaker sounds like trash clipping and popping during apps & games.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
My posts on this show patience & work on my part. I’ve used every public and public beta iteration available and the in-application issue remains. An Apple Lead Tech admitted it sounds really bad. Replaced phone & issue remains.

Why should I pay the premium for the 8+over the 7+? The 7+ camera is very close and that is my priority.

Come on Apple .. speaker sounds like trash clipping and popping during apps & games.

So you're saying it's an application issue with the speakers and not an overall hardware issue with the speakers in general?

As for why should you pay a premium for the 8+ over your 7+, that's entirely up to you and if you feel it's not meeting your expectations, then I would resort back down your 7+. But for those whom I know who own the iPhone 8 Plus, have not complained about the stereo speakers at all. If anything, If anything, many seem to praise the 25% increase in volume with the iPhone 8 speakers.

fokmik

Suspended
Oct 28, 2016
USA
yep, iphone 8 has superb speakers, now i always heard them when somebody calls me no matter in what environment i am. Until iphone 7, i was relying only on motor vibration

PBz

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 3, 2005
SoCal
So you're saying it's an application issue with the speakers and not an overall hardware issue with the speakers in general?

As for why should you pay a premium for the 8+ over your 7+, that's entirely up to you and if you feel it's not meeting your expectations, then I would resort back down your 7+. But for those whom I know who own the iPhone 8 Plus, have not complained about the stereo speakers at all. If anything, If anything, many seem to praise the 25% increase in volume with the iPhone 8 speakers.
No. Myself & the Lead Tech at my Apple store its a speaker issue - software or hardware we don’t know - but it’s not normal.

Re-reading I may have misunderstood your question. It’s not all speaker use. Music, no issue. Calls, no issue. It’s a clipping/crackling if speaker with apps that have a distinct sound for selections. What’s weird is the sound isn’t evident when you play back a self iPhone recorded video of the issue.

PBz

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 3, 2005
SoCal
Spoke with an Apple Lead Tech.. our local store is awesome. He agreed its a software issue. I was able to, again, demonstrate the issue and also update that it seems to be instigated by a new sound being played against a current background sound. For example, selecting a planet in Sky Guide with the background music playing. He said he would bring up on call with Engineers next week.

Reactions: Savrek

Savrek

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2017
Spoke with an Apple Lead Tech.. our local store is awesome. He agreed its a software issue. I was able to, again, demonstrate the issue and also update that it seems to be instigated by a new sound being played against a current background sound. For example, selecting a planet in Sky Guide with the background music playing. He said he would bring up on call with Engineers next week.
Thank you for following up on this issue! I am experiencing this myself and have been using earphones or Bluetooth most of the time. I only have audio crackle as I'm using other apps as I have music playing in the background on my phone's speaker.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.