Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lyceumHQ

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 4, 2010
Just wondering if anyone else has this issue.

Bought the 8 64gb a few days after launch. Twice that week the screen became completely unresponsive. Buttons work fine but screen doesn’t so I can lock and unlock but can’t switch off etc. Hard reboot needed to sort it.

It’s happened with more frequency. And today has happened twice in the past three hours.

Have made an appointment to have it swapped out at the apple shop but googled and found a thread on the apple forums with a few people having the same issue.

Anyone here having the same issue?

Septembersrain

Cancelled
Dec 14, 2013
There were some posts here detailing this issue. I'm not sure exactly how they turned out but I do know a friend of mine who returned theirs. So it has occurred.

Which iOS are you on?

Reactions: lyceumHQ

Applefan4515

Suspended
Sep 19, 2016
It happened with mine once. I swapped my phone out for an unrelated issue last night though, so hopefully it won’t happen again. Just happened the one time though.

Ipadfever

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2012
It has happened to me twice on a 8+ 256gb not sure if it’s a hardware or software issue .... hard reboot resolved it for now.

lyceumHQ

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 4, 2010
There were some posts here detailing this issue. I'm not sure exactly how they turned out but I do know a friend of mine who returned theirs. So it has occurred.

Which iOS are you on?

iOS 11.0.3

But it’s happened on every iOS 11 release.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Just wondering if anyone else has this issue.

Bought the 8 64gb a few days after launch. Twice that week the screen became completely unresponsive. Buttons work fine but screen doesn’t so I can lock and unlock but can’t switch off etc. Hard reboot needed to sort it.

It’s happened with more frequency. And today has happened twice in the past three hours.

Have made an appointment to have it swapped out at the apple shop but googled and found a thread on the apple forums with a few people having the same issue.

Anyone here having the same issue?
It's not just the 8 or 8 Plus that had this issue. My wife's 7 Plus did this and my 7 Plus did this on iOS 11. This is a software issue, not hardware.

lyceumHQ

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 4, 2010
It's not just the 8 or 8 Plus that had this issue. My wife's 7 Plus did this and my 7 Plus did this on iOS 11. This is a software issue, not hardware.

Thanks. That’s basically what I was looking for confirmation of. I have an appointment but what’s the point of asking for a swap if it’s software related.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.