Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jwolf6589

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
Colorado
What are the main advantages of the 8 vs the 6S? If I upgraded I see that I would get more memory (64GB vs 32GB) and better battery life. I would lose the headphone port, but thats okay if I get better battery life. I am tempted to go and pay off the $272 remaining on my contract and get the iPhone 8, but maybe it would be wiser to wait. Cant afford the X so don't mention it and besides I prefer the home button and touch id.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
What are the main advantages of the 8 vs the 6S? If I upgraded I see that I would get more memory (64GB vs 32GB) and better battery life. I would lose the headphone port, but thats okay if I get better battery life. I am tempted to go and pay off the $272 remaining on my contract and get the iPhone 8, but maybe it would be wiser to wait. Cant afford the X so don't mention it and besides I prefer the home button and touch id.

Aside from the options listed from the member, the haptic home button is an additional feature and the processoring speed is fairly significant.

jwolf6589

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
Colorado
Just did the upgrade. Did it reset my network settings? Do I have to re-enter saved WIFI passwords?

fred98tj

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2017
Central Luzon, Philippines
I’m new to iPhones (since July), however my understanding is if you do not encrypt then the passwords are not saved. When I went from my 7+ to my X, I iTunes encrypted backed up my 7+ and then did a restore to my X and my passwords were all there on the X.

jwolf6589

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
Colorado
You may have lost some of them - but signing into iCloud (Keychain Access) should bring a lot of it back - especially wifi and email passwords

Yeah stuff like FB and Twitter had saved passwords but I mean I lost all my saved WIFI networks and their passwords. So now I have to re enter them.

mikzn

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2013
North Vancouver
Safari may have them in the stored passwords? Keychain should have most of them - assuming you had iCloud enabled on your 6S ? - I have found wifi passwords this way in the past for many networks - hotels - friends houses etc. If not - you face the painful process of re - entering them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.