Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple Mac Daz

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 2, 2011
Manchester
I have a XS Max on the upgrade program but chose not to upgrade to the 11 Pro last year.

I am planning on upgrading this year but I have a few light scratches on the display.

Was thinking to get maximum profit for XS Max when I sell it to make a claim on the AC+ for a screen replacement

isn't it £25 under AC+ do they actually replace the screen or is it a swap out for a refurb

Last edited:

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
You can't lose either way. I'd say they will just replace the display and display seal unless something gets damaged during the replacement, then you'll receive a replacement phone.

PeterRollback

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2015
Arizona
They wont repair a display for cosmetic issues such as scratches. Only if the display is defective will they replace it or if it has cracks. With cracks its $29 plus tax.

Apple Mac Daz

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 2, 2011
Manchester
They wont repair a display for cosmetic issues such as scratches. Only if the display is defective will they replace it or if it has cracks. With cracks its $29 plus tax.

really thx for the heads up.
I was always under the impression you could pay the AC+ price to get the screen replaced.
so basically it’s only if it’s smashed not cosmetic and scratched

ilikewhey

macrumors 68040
May 14, 2014
nyc upper east
They are pretty lenient, if you say it’s couple deep scratches that’s effecting your experience with the device they will take your phone, once your phone is at the repair center these guys don’t generally care they just follow the instruction set out to them from the higher up, it’s another story if you bring it into the Apple store

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.