Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

groundeddreams

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2010
UK
For the last week, I have experienced an issue with my iPhone alarm going off after the set time on the phone.
For example, I have an alarm set to go off at 06:00 every day. For the last five days the alarm actually went off at:
6:02, 6:05, 6:02, 6:08 and 06:00
I know cause I have an additional clock beside my bed and I look over once I hear the iPhone alarm go off to see what time it went off each time since this issue occurred.
I am not a deep sleeper and usually am awake prior to the alarm going off and it is set loud enough to wake me within seconds after it starts.

I have tried, deleting and recreating the alarm, rebooting the phone, resetting the settings (ie Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings), double checking the phone volume, making sure its not on mute, making sure there are no other apps running in the background that could affect the app.
I haven't installed, adjusted or removed any settings or apps on the iPhone before this issue started to happen. Just worried it's going to happen again and be way later when the alarm sounds and I might oversleep.

Any suggestions as to why this is occurring?
Thanks in advance.

Details:
Iphone 6
OS: 11.2 (whatever the latest is, I have checked for the latest version and it was upto date)
App: Offical Alarm

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.