Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OrlandoTragic

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 13, 2007
Orlando, FL
Hi all - had to replace my iPhone and I restored from a recent iCloud backup this afternoon. All photos are accounted for, and the photos themselves still have the location data attached (if I swipe down on a photo I can see the location data on the map), but when I’m in “All Photos”, instead of the text at the top of the photo showing the location, it’s just showing the date. Any ideas? Will this come back on it’s own overnight or something? (Unsure how long a full restore takes but I do have almost 10k photos!)

Thanks for any tips on this. (iPhone 11 Pro running 13.5.1 btw)

Jonathantuba

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2017
UK
I have exactly the same, so that is quite usual. Still see the information on my iPad, so is available. Don’t know if will return to the iPhone

OrlandoTragic

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 13, 2007
Orlando, FL
I have exactly the same, so that is quite usual. Still see the information on my iPad, so is available. Don’t know if will return to the iPhone
Weird... just curious, how long ago did you restore? Has it been a while? I also see the location data on my iPad. So strange.

Jonathantuba

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2017
UK
Weird... just curious, how long ago did you restore? Has it been a while? I also see the location data on my iPad. So strange.
Now been 48 hours and still not displaying. I did wonder if that was something not part of iCloud backup, but the location data is not there for new photo I took since restoring either.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.