Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

squirmy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2009
HELP! Can't figure out how to do this...Seems like one product does this and another product does that...So I came here looking for help Maybe I'm asking for too much. LOL

What I want is a product that I can get Handsfree for in my car (since our state is making it illegal to talk on cellphone without having handsfree, plus I don't want to use a bluetooth ear piece), have the phone call go through my car speakers, keep phone charged and then also use the function of the iPod with my radio controls without having to use the actual iPhone to control what I want to listen to.

Is that too much to ask for? LOL Is there such a product. I found this...it's close, but no cigar:
http://www.igearusa.com/incarhihakit1.html

Thanks for your help

RandomKamikaze

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2009
UK
To be honest, I don't think I have seen a single product that will do all those functions.

Don't get me wrong, I haven't had time to read the whole Internet so there might be one out there.

You might have to keep Googling, or look at merging multiple products to provide the solution that you want

maxxscholten

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2008

tommy8884

macrumors member
May 14, 2009
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/CarAudioVideo/In-Dash/CD-Players/Premier/DEH-P610BT

This is similar to what I use (I think this is a somewhat newer version of what I have. It lets me do bluetooth audio (comes in through the speakers/comes with a microphone) and also I can control the ipod part of it with the actual stereo system while it charges.

The one I have even allows for bluetooth audio, which will be great once the 3.0 software comes out.

works perfectly with blue&me (fiat and alfas microsoft mobile in car system). Cant use the ipod features tho, only works on older ipods when you could set them to be used as a portable drive

Cancelled
Aug 25, 2008
HELP! Can't figure out how to do this...Seems like one product does this and another product does that...So I came here looking for help Maybe I'm asking for too much. LOL

What I want is a product that I can get Handsfree for in my car (since our state is making it illegal to talk on cellphone without having handsfree, plus I don't want to use a bluetooth ear piece), have the phone call go through my car speakers, keep phone charged and then also use the function of the iPod with my radio controls without having to use the actual iPhone to control what I want to listen to.

Is that too much to ask for? LOL Is there such a product. I found this...it's close, but no cigar:
http://www.igearusa.com/incarhihakit1.html

Thanks for your help

sorry bro, no single product does all that

patrickdunn

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
I have an Alpine iDA-X305 (~$250) with this bluetooth adapter (KCE-400BT MSRP $150).

l500KCE400B-f_MT.jpeg

Then you connect your iPod via USB and it will control it.

Here is my head unit:

p500iDAX305-f_mt.jpeg

My head unit even has buttons to control the call. It is a pretty nice setup. I got everything through Crutchfield. Those guys are awesome, call them up and they can explain your options. I just know this Alpine set-up works great.

I hope this helps.

EDIT: BTW with this, I leave my iPhone (2.5) in the Glove Box

pintnight

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2008
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/CarAudioVideo/In-Dash/CD-Players/Premier/DEH-P610BT

This is similar to what I use (I think this is a somewhat newer version of what I have. It lets me do bluetooth audio (comes in through the speakers/comes with a microphone) and also I can control the ipod part of it with the actual stereo system while it charges.

The one I have even allows for bluetooth audio, which will be great once the 3.0 software comes out.
I have that Pioneer DEH-P610BT in my car and the bluetooth work great with my iPhone 3G.

Xtgirl

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2007
Check out the Parrot MKi9200....that is really close if not exactly what you are looking for....we just bought one but haven't installed it yet, so don't know if it is going to live up to the hype, but I hear Parrot products are usually pretty good according to reviews I have read....

Cancelled
Aug 25, 2008
the thing is none of those play music ( yet)

I have the apple AV cables + a bluetooth headset

does everything I need + video to my indash 7" screen

pintnight

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2008

I have the apple AV cables + a bluetooth headset

does everything I need + video to my indash 7" screen
"none of those play music"? Then explain to me what I'm hearing through my iPod on my iPhone with my Pioneer DEH-P610BT? :confused:

Cancelled
Aug 25, 2008
"none of those play music"? Then explain to me what I'm hearing through my iPod on my iPhone with my Pioneer DEH-P610BT? :confused:

<--- Researches DEH-P610BT

ooops I didn't see that headunit has a uBus USB control input

I bow to you Sir :)

If that headunit could handle a video input I would buy it right now

Randman

macrumors 65816
Jul 28, 2008
Jacksonville, Fla

Wow, way to make a general statement without knowing the facts.

My stereo has an iPod adapter mounted in the glove compartment. Works fine. I use my old mini in there now. Come 3.0, I'll stream music to it from my iPhone via Bluetooth.

Cancelled
Aug 25, 2008

My stereo has an iPod adapter mounted in the glove compartment. Works fine. I use my old mini in there now. Come 3.0, I'll stream music to it from my iPhone via Bluetooth.

umm right above you

pintnight

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2008

I'm am hoping that I'll be able to stream music from my iPhone with Pandora via Bluetooth.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.