Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dippo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 27, 2003
Charlotte, NC
After looking at the iPhone demo, I feel like it will really suck to have to open up your bookmarks to launch your apps.

Does anyone know if Apple is going to allow us to store bookmarks on the main menu? :confused: I don't think so.

In that case, I am thinking that an App needs to be created that links to all of the best apps, so that you only have to visit one site (instead of a long list of bookmarks) Also the App should be customizable so that we will only be shown the apps we want.

You think there is a need for this app?
If so, anyone want to help me create it?

/dev/toaster

macrumors 68020
Feb 23, 2006
San Francisco, CA
What I am really interested to see is ... can I save a site as a webarchive and load it directly from the phone. Just like I can already in Safari. That would allow larger apps to be created and increase the load time since its EDGE.

Eitherway, I am fairly sure they will include some sort of bookmark feature. If not, I will just create my own personal "home page" for it.

aria505

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2005
In that case, I am thinking that an App needs to be created that links to all of the best apps, so that you only have to visit one site (instead of a long list of bookmarks) Also the App should be customizable so that we will only be shown the apps we want.

That is exactly what I've been working on. The first revision is complete and ready to be used on launch day.

http://iphoneappsmanager.com

I'm sure there will be a few bugs though once we all figure out how the iPhone really interacts with websites. I'm not to sure how well the drag-n-drop feature of the "edit" mode will work. I think it might get confused about whether you want to drag-n-drop something or whether you want to scroll up and down. We will see soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.