Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Me1000

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 15, 2006
Well I for one want to make an iPhone app myself, but I dont know what to make! :eek: lol

So just post here to request an iPhone app... maybe someone will come along and make it!

MacDryCleaner

macrumors regular
Jun 3, 2007
Perhaps just a bit off topic but...

I would like to be able to make a smart list on the iphone that actually creates 'favorites' based on people I actually call the most. I have my mom on my speed dial now but I rarely use it ( I know, I know, shame on me ) and I have other people I call alot but just don't 'feel' like they belong on the speed dial.

A smart list would be a pretty cool way to have a favorites list actually based on numbers I call alot.

My 2 cents.

timmypv15

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2007
i'd say make an AIM thing, the one that someone already made is limited to 10 minute sessions, and im on AIM way more than 10 mins

cmschmidt

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2007
i'd say make an AIM thing, the one that someone already made is limited to 10 minute sessions, and im on AIM way more than 10 mins

10 minutes is the limit now because its just testing. why waste all his server bandwidtch for people to sit on their computers pointlessly using his iphone aim client. it will increase when the iphone is actually released. i'm sure something will get worked out.

r6girl

Administrator/Project Manager
Staff member
Sep 6, 2003
New England
i'd like an ebook reader! ideally, something compatible with ebooks from ereader.com. in fact, i should write to ereader to ask them to try to work with apple to build an iphone reader...

timmypv15

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2007
id say make an app that lets u send bluetooth txt messages so you don't go over your plan or whatever, but you'll be using internet to use the app, and im sure the iPHone plan will include unlimited txt and internet

Dave Marsh

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2002
Sacramento, CA
I'd like to have a Solitaire game. I have one on my phone now, and it's a great time killer when I'm just sitting around waiting for something (movies, restaurant, doctor's office, etc.).

aria505

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2005
Movie Showtimes & Web Clip Widget

I think I'm going to work on an app to quickly get movie showtimes.

You could just go to fandango or some other website, but a iphone optimized "app" would be a lot quicker.

I also think that an app that works like the new "Web Clip Widget" in Leopard would be really useful. You would be able to crop certain parts of websites and then have them all in a list that you could pull up quickly instead of having to go to the webpage, scroll around to the part you are interested in, and then zoom in on it.

Dablckone

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2007
i want a aim app (which they are already doing i want a good one like the sidekick 3 aim)
a myspace app(im sorry if you dont like myspace)
solitare
and anything else
ill get them all lol

kuebby

macrumors 68000
Jan 18, 2007
MD
I think I'm going to work on an app to quickly get movie showtimes.

You could just go to fandango or some other website, but a iphone optimized "app" would be a lot quicker.

That's a great idea. Because of how one would most optimally use a cell phone is the same way one uses a widget, just to quickly get information. On a phone you don't want to have to find the weather, you want to just click and you see the forecast.

dannyallen34

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2005
I'd want a radar app. I think that movie showtimes app sounds like a good idea.

Also, someone should work on an app for all the other instant messengers out there.

Me1000

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 15, 2006
On a phone you don't want to have to find the weather, you want to just click and you see the forecast.
iPhone has a weather widget...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.