Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dbenesch

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 4, 2002
While checking out the Apple Support app, I noticed something very unexpected. My wife & I both purchased iPhone XSs on 9/14/18 under the iPhone Upgrade Program. As such, AppleCare+ is included, and both had an expiration date of 9/14/20.

My iPhone had serious accidental damage, so I utilized the Express Replacement program on 7/27/20 (paying the deductible). My wife had a no-damage warranty replacement via Express Replacement on 8/11/20 (no deductible).

Now that we are past the original expiration of 9/14/20, I looked at my AppleCare dates and my expiration date is now 7/27/21 and my wife's is 8/11/21 - both extended a full year. I no longer have "plus", but we both have options to pay for monthly "plus" coverage ($10/month).

Is this normal? I expected a small warranty extension out to 90 days from the repair, but certainly not a full year. Is a full year warranty on replacement iPhones now the norm?

Reactions: Zoom908

Natzoo

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
That is interesting, from what I was told apple does not extend coverage on replacement devices so that is very nice to know they did that for you. My coverage expired two weeks ago and I have not been able to extend it through the app or website (gets error). I am tempted to do an express replacement on my device since the screen has a couple scratches but I would need to renew it first.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.