Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

toxicbomber

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 19, 2006
SOOOO I installed the AIM early this morning and just now I noticed that AIM added a preferences pane in the settings app. Apps can do that? :eek:

sharp65

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2007
Yep it can, I actually like this. It's a one stop shop to change any and all settings. Instead of having to dig around through all of your apps.

bndoarn

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2008
as apple has said before, developers use the same APIs that apple use so anything apple can do, apps can do too. i really like how they're all in one place though.

Niiro13

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2008
Illinois
Yup! I think it was added in beta 4? can't remember...or maybe that was the sample code that was added in beta 6....

Sbrocket

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2007
/dev/null
SOOOO I installed the AIM early this morning and just now I noticed that AIM added a preferences pane in the settings app. Apps can do that? :eek:

Yes, we can include Settings bundles with our applications that will add a preference pane to Settings.app.

as apple has said before, developers use the same APIs that apple use so anything apple can do, apps can do too. i really like how they're all in one place though.

That's not quite true. The APIs that are exposed to developers in the SDK are the same, sure, but we don't nearly have access to all the tools Apple does.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.