Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChocolateApple

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 9, 2010
New York
Does anyone have any suggestions for this?

I have other iDevices, all using the same iTunes on the same computer.

When I sync the iPad, it collects the iPhone apps. I do not want this to happen.

For now, I have to manually delete the unwanted iPhone apps in iTunes on the Sync Apps page for the iPad.

I don't see any options in iTunes to sync all 'except,' etc. like there are under the Movies and TV Shows tabs.

Maybe a filter option is a feature that Apple can consider if it doesn't already exist.

iFerd

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2007
An alternative, albeit probably not much better than what you are doing, would be to go the the Apps section of iTunes for your iPad and uncheck the apps you don't want to sync over. For myself, I've done what you do - just delete from the iPad any applications I don't want there. They don't reappear after that unless you put them back on purpose.

I guess I personally wouldn't use a switch that eliminated all iPhone applications from my iPad. I do still use some of them that don't have iPad-specific versions or that charge again for the iPad version when I don't use it enough to justify spending the money a second time.

rugonnagraduate

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Does anyone have any suggestions for this?

I have other iDevices, all using the same iTunes on the same computer.

When I sync the iPad, it collects the iPhone apps. I do not want this to happen.

For now, I have to manually delete the unwanted iPhone apps in iTunes on the Sync Apps page for the iPad.

I don't see any options in iTunes to sync all 'except,' etc. like there are under the Movies and TV Shows tabs.

Maybe a filter option is a feature that Apple can consider if it doesn't already exist.

I find this frustrating as well and not very well thought out on Itunes end. As much as I give Apple credit for thinking through most things this was something they missed. Not too bright on Apples end. I am sure they will come up with a fix because this is just not logical.

rugonnagraduate

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Uncheck them in iTunes. Thirty seconds work, piece of cake.

I agree there is a work around, depending on the amount of apps, but why would they be checked in the first place? If your someone who syncs daily this would be a paid if you download new apps all the time. I am sure it will be fixed in the future. Just sayin....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.