Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sstyle

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 8, 2010
Hi! I have two iphones with different account for appstore. Both of it I backuped and restored from one iTunes. And second one asks me for password for update an apps from my first iphone with another account.Why? Reinstall all apps very difficult.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Hi! I have two iphones with different account for appstore. Both of it I backuped and restored from one iTunes. And second one asks me for password for update an apps from my first iphone with another account.Why? Reinstall all apps very difficult.

If you have apps from two different accounts, then you'll need to enter the appropriate account password when trying to update those apps. Since you have two different accounts, you have to enter the passcode for each depending on which app is being updated.

XmeX

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2014
Happened to me previously, fixed it by removing the App and reinstalled..
Really strange how its asked me about my password which i never used on my sister phone... I think the issue related to the restore process

sstyle

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 8, 2010
Happened to me previously, fixed it by removing the App and reinstalled..
Really strange how its asked me about my password which i never used on my sister phone... I think the issue related to the restore process

No. If you open properties of an app in iTunes - you see account id that pay for it. There is my first account. Second phone has the same app and iTunes does not store two copies of one app for each account. So it upload apps from my account to second phone, because it was the same app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.