Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stangdude22

macrumors member
Original poster
May 31, 2008
Hi,
new to the bored... My iPhone keeps minimizing (for lack of a better term) the web brouser. FOr instance, I was at apple.com and was looking through the webapps and the phone would just go back to the main/start page with all of the phone/mail/safari/ipod icons. This happened at least three times in less than a few minutes.

Is this normal or do I need to adjust some setting?

atluten

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2008
What you're experiencing are actually crashes with the web browser. It happens occasionally and the next time you plug your iPhone in to sync it, iTunes will probably give you a notice about wanting to send some information to Apple regarding the details of the crash. If you feel that the crashing is becoming unbearable, try restoring the iPhone software through iTunes. Good luck.

stangdude22

macrumors member
Original poster
May 31, 2008
yeah. Seems to do it alot at apple.com. Doesn't do it that often for most other sites. I may try a restore if it really starts bugging me. Any other things to try before I go that route?

atluten

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2008
You could try clearing the cookies and the cache and see if that solves the problem. These can be accessed through the settings application. Beyond this, I'm not sure what else can be done. Cheers.

stangdude22

macrumors member
Original poster
May 31, 2008
CLeaning the history/cookies/cache didn't help. But a friend recommended a hard restart (holding down the bottom and top button). That did correct the issue... in case some other people are having this problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.