Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

geckosk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 13, 2015
Hello everybody!
I was missing a quick way to check the iPhone battery from Apple Watch, so I built an app for that and I am quite proud of how it turned out.

Each complication slot has several different styles that you can pick from the Apple Watch app. You can change how often the complications are updated in the iPhone app, recommended interval is every 20 minutes (but you can also set it to 15 or 30 minutes). Interval is automatically curbed during night.

customizable-iphone-battery-complications.png

App also contains glance (screenshots on the AppStore) and optional notifications alerting when iPhone battery is fully charged, below half charge or low power (<25%).

iPhone Battery Complications - $1.99

Goalieed

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2014
Purchased it. Purchased a lot of other battery apps that promised to work but failed to deliver so we'll see.

Goalieed

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2014
Purchased it. Purchased a lot of other battery apps that promised to work but failed to deliver so we'll see.

Just like the other apps my phone is at 58 percent and the complication shows 100 percent. Does it have to be on that watch face to update every 20 minutes? If I press on the complication it updates to the correct reading.

geckosk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 13, 2015
Just like the other apps my phone is at 58 percent and the complication shows 100 percent. Does it have to be on that watch face to update every 20 minutes? If I press on the complication it updates to the correct reading.

Make sure that:
- Background refresh is enabled (Settings app / General / Background Refresh)
- Notifications are enabled (Settings app / Notifications)
- iPhone is not in low power mode
- your iOS and watchOS are update to their latest versions

Set refresh frequency to 20 minutes and put watch on charger, complication should start updating.
Let me know, how it works out!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.