Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GCY

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 5, 2006
NYC
Ok so recently I noticed that the battery on my iphone seems to run out a lot quicker then normal. Since I bought this(around sept. or oct) I never really abuse the battery by charging it constantly or everyday. I charged it on avg. every 2 days.

I just test the battery full charged and on standby, it would be at around 50% in 2 days of no use. By the third day the battery is completely drained! Not even at 20% or 10%. Now this is with relatively little or no use.

anyone know what might be the problem? I'm not sure if I could even take it to apple since its unlocked and all. :(

Oceansized

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2007
You will still be able to get support from Apple, as long as the problem has not been caused by the unlocking of the phone.

Take it to an Apple Store.

nirav464

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2008
Ok so recently I noticed that the battery on my iphone seems to run out a lot quicker then normal. Since I bought this(around sept. or oct) I never really abuse the battery by charging it constantly or everyday. I charged it on avg. every 2 days.

I just test the battery full charged and on standby, it would be at around 50% in 2 days of no use. By the third day the battery is completely drained! Not even at 20% or 10%. Now this is with relatively little or no use.

anyone know what might be the problem? I'm not sure if I could even take it to apple since its unlocked and all. :(

actaully dude not charging your battery every night be the problem here :rolleyes: The iPhone has a specfic battery that is best if charged constantly (not every hour lol) but it highly recommended that your charge nightly to avoid problems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.