Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fmalvar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2020
Hey there friends 😀

I know there are a lot of posts about this subject but after some time trying different things I decided to give a try on creating one.

Basically, I've been an iPhone user since the model 3. And when switching for a new one I always use my latest backup. Since the iPhone X, my battery just drains way quicker when compared with the same iPhone models and with similar apps/time use.

My latest iPhone 14 PRO after one year had 89% battery status. Two days ago I switched to the iPhone 15 PRO with hopes that my battery would last longer but it doesn't. I need to charge my phone 2 to 3 times a day...

Is it possible that my backup has some kind of bug? (Just thinking out loud, never saw anything related to this)

Some Notes:
- I use Whoop
- When at home I have Wi-Fi, I use 4g (Turned off 5g to see if it would improve)
- Auto-Brightness ON
- Raise to Wake OFF
- Just a few apps with Location Services
- Background App Refresh OFF

Thank you for your time ;)

Jackbequickly

macrumors 68030
Aug 6, 2022
Have you thought about setting up your phone as new with no back-up and see if it still drains quickly. Have you looked under settings/battery to see what is using the most battery. I have no idea what "Whoop' is.

Reactions: StudioMacs
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.