Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

calabi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 28, 2007
Hello!

Based in the UK wondering if anyone here has any experience with getting a iPhone battery replacement even if the device has been subjected to water?

Can't find any cases of this anywhere else hoping someone has some experience to save me a wasted journey to the Apple Store :(

Thanks!

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Hello!

Based in the UK wondering if anyone here has any experience with getting a iPhone battery replacement even if the device has been subjected to water?

Can't find any cases of this anywhere else hoping someone has some experience to save me a wasted journey to the Apple Store :(

Thanks!

You can utilize Apple live chat support and ask them for their feedback based on your scenario. I'm sure they be able to give you an educated guess, but once they inspect it in person, if they Are able to determine the battery/phone is damaged due to the water, then you might be denied the service.

Reactions: calabi

Table Top Joe

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2016
If it’s determined to be water damaged(or any other damage for that matter) they won’t change the battery without fixing the issues too.....which means your going to be looking at full out of warranty cost, I wouldn’t bother contacting chat they won’t answer without seeing it and at best they’ll tell you same thing I just did, ie out of warranty cost I’m afraid buddy

Best case scenario is it mightn’t be full out of warranty cost but you’ll have to pay to fix it before they’ll touch the battery

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Hello!

Thanks!

Rule of thumb, if Apple can't successfully do a job on your device because another issue is preventing that (repalce battery due to water damage in this case), they will try to fix the other issue at the same time. If there is a cost they will inform you if you still wish to proceed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.