Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Johnny907

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 20, 2014
So I got a bit of a surprise a few minutes ago: $114.12 showed up in my PayPal account with the note

“Enclosed is your settlement payment as a Settlement Class Member in Simmons, et al. v. Apple Inc., et al., Case No. 17cv312251, Superior Court of California, County of Santa Clara. Your portion of the Settlement proceeds has been calculated in accordance with the Settlement Agreement and applicable Court Orders.We cannot provide individual tax advice regarding this distribution. If you have questions regarding the tax treatment of this distribution, please consult your tax advisor.”

Anyone else seeing this?

Reactions: TheBing1980

TheBing1980

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2013
Michigan
So I got a bit of a surprise a few minutes ago: $114.12 showed up in my PayPal account with the note

“Enclosed is your settlement payment as a Settlement Class Member in Simmons, et al. v. Apple Inc., et al., Case No. 17cv312251, Superior Court of California, County of Santa Clara. Your portion of the Settlement proceeds has been calculated in accordance with the Settlement Agreement and applicable Court Orders.We cannot provide individual tax advice regarding this distribution. If you have questions regarding the tax treatment of this distribution, please consult your tax advisor.”

Anyone else seeing this?
Yep!

Just got the same payment in my PayPal 10 mins ago.

This was the first place I thought to check.

Reactions: Johnny907

Johnny907

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 20, 2014
That payout is for the Powerbeats headphones fiasco

Yup, I was already corrected by the author of that article after I reported it to them not long after making this forum post. I forgot all about that settlement.
Basically I’ve got some money coming my way ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.