Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Carls25

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2020

What do you think of this little video of nature recorded with the Iphone 11? I have recorded it without having video recording idea, Do you think iPhone could become a professional camera?

DexBell

Suspended
Oct 23, 2016
Define "professional camera". Im a "professional photographer", meaning that is my only job and has been for 15 years. Ive used my XS Max and 11 Pro Max on a few natural light portrait photoshoots with nice results. Ive even used it in studio with a ring light. Is it going to replace my full frame Canon mirrorless and excellent lenses? No. Can it be used as a tool alongside my camera in certain situations? Absolutely. I look forward to using my new 12 Pro Max a bit on a shoot or two next week. Id like to try out that Profoto system that lets you use your iPhone with their lights, but Im not really about to spend thousands on a Profoto system just to try it out.

aesc80

Cancelled
Mar 24, 2015
Define "professional camera". Im a "professional photographer", meaning that is my only job and has been for 15 years. Ive used my XS Max and 11 Pro Max on a few natural light portrait photoshoots with nice results. Ive even used it in studio with a ring light. Is it going to replace my full frame Canon mirrorless and excellent lenses? No. Can it be used as a tool alongside my camera in certain situations? Absolutely. I look forward to using my new 12 Pro Max a bit on a shoot or two next week.

I with ya there! If anyone sneers down at a shot only because it was “Shot on iPhone” is like someone who says a Ford GT is sh*t all because it’s American made. If the shots look great, it shouldn’t matter what the source is. And from what I’m seeing, the 12 Pro Max (and essentially the Pro) lenses and post-prod looks great! So damn tempted updating to 14.3 Beta just to check the RAW.

Carls25

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2020
Could you give me some tips to improve my videos with the iphone?

John dosh

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2019
As long as there are people making money with it, it’s a professional camera.

Everything else is snobbery.
And there sure is a lot of people making money from using just the iPhone camera. Most YouTubers, bloggers, instagrammers I bet are solely using just the iPhone camera.

Last edited:

Strangedream

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2019
London, UK
You can use the IP Pro to shoot some very decent pictures and sell them so yes. The wonder of the IP camera system mostly comes from its built-in software. Quality-wise I think the IP pro can easily match or even best most low/mid-tier consumer cameras. However, if you're looking for the very finest cameras, a $1,099 smartphone can't rival a $999 Sony alpha7.

Reactions: aesc80

RRC

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2020
I can’t seem to get good quality video with my iPhone 11? It’s always grainy. I feel like I got ripped off by Apple upgrading from my 8 plus.

It shouldn’t be grainy. And if it’s been like that since you got it why didn’t you return it or at least speak to Apple about the problem as there’s no way a video in good light will be grainy without a fault.

Reactions: einmusiker
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.