Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

carfield

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2007
I have a VCD, and I copy the .DAT file as .MPG and import to itune, which itune can play it. However, when I try to import it to iphone , it complaint that iphone cannot play that movie... Can I convert it into a playable format in iphone?

Phil A.

Moderator emeritus
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
I have a VCD, and I copy the .DAT file as .MPG and import to itune, which itune can play it. However, when I try to import it to iphone , it complaint that iphone cannot play that movie... Can I convert it into a playable format in iphone?
Try right clicking on the movie in iTunes and select "Convert Selection for iPod/iPhone"

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Aug 28, 2007
San Francisco California, USA
Give MPEG Streamclip a shot...

just do a google search on it, and when you download it, you can place your movie on the icon and then go to FILE and convert to MPEG-4, and it takes about 30 minutes to convert depending on the size of your movie. Once it is converted, you drag the MPEG-4 file over to iTunes and "poof" you've got your movie on your iTunes, then sync it with your iPhone by selecting the movie (usually checking the box next to the movie) and your movie ready! :cool:

carfield

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2007
just do a google search on it, and when you download it, you can place your movie on the icon and then go to FILE and convert to MPEG-4, and it takes about 30 minutes to convert depending on the size of your movie. Once it is converted, you drag the MPEG-4 file over to iTunes and "poof" you've got your movie on your iTunes, then sync it with your iPhone by selecting the movie (usually checking the box next to the movie) and your movie ready! :cool:

IT work good! Thanks a lot!

ps.adarsh

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2008
how did u make the audio work?

I have the same problem as yours. I am able to play video on the iPod but without audio. Can you guide me how to make audio also play?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.