Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

D34NO

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 21, 2007
Hi there, i have just installed a new head unit into my car that comes with bluetooth. I have paired my iPhone and can send and receive calls which is great. However when i leave the car and then come back later, my phone doesn't pick up the bluetooth connection and auto-connect even though it says it is paired!!

I would like it to connect as soon as i get in the car!!!

Please help,

Deano

gomesa

macrumors newbie
May 31, 2008
Sydney, Australia
You may want to post exactly which BT unit you are connecting to. There are a number of models that have known compatibility problems with the iPhone. e.g the Motorola HF850 (the model I happen to have fitted :mad: )allows you to pair but then takes up to 40secs to connect when a call comes in. By that time the person on the other end has long since hung-up.

ndwgolf

macrumors regular
Nov 20, 2006
Phuket Thailand
Hi there, i have just installed a new head unit into my car that comes with bluetooth. I have paired my iPhone and can send and receive calls which is great. However when i leave the car and then come back later, my phone doesn't pick up the bluetooth connection and auto-connect even though it says it is paired!!

I would like it to connect as soon as i get in the car!!!

Please help,

Deano
I have the same problem with my iPhone, whenever I talk with anyone they say I sound like a Robot and cant hear me.
I now use my Blackberry in the car and use my iPhone as a normal phone, I hope the 3G will have better support for bluetooth connections

meglet

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2008
Seattle, WA
What head unit? I had a Pioneer FH-P8000BT installed recently, and it works well with my iPhone. Bluetooth reconnects when I get back in the car, the address book downloaded properly, and the music (from an iPod Nano via USB cable to the unit) pauses and resumes properly when a call comes in.

My only current problem is that the mic is placed too close to a window, so callers hear road noise more than they hear me talking.

Now if only the 3G phone supported audio over bluetooth, the combo would be even better!

xjames

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2008
Brazil
same issue with the pioneer DEH 9800bt

It worked with every phone I've had before the iphone: Sony Ericssons and HTC 710. But with the iphone I have to connect manually, even tho it is paired and the phone is registered with the head-unit.

To me it's iphone bluetooth issues...

pw1500

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2007
Oxford, England
same issue with the pioneer DEH 9800bt

It worked with every phone I've had before the iphone: Sony Ericssons and HTC 710. But with the iphone I have to connect manually, even tho it is paired and the phone is registered with the head-unit.

To me it's iphone bluetooth issues...

Yea I have this unit too, Im blaming the iphone. I have to manually connect everytime..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.