Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DrStrangelove

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 26, 2006
I'm sure this has been covered so I apologize. I've done a mix of searches and come up with endless threads none of which seem to be specific to this topic, though.

At any rate, I'm SO ready for an iPhone, but my corporate exchange email server does not have IMAP enabled... and will not have it enabled in the future.

I can use MS OS phones to retrieve mail, but that's it (I can use blackberry too, but we have a blackberry server).

At any rate, my buddy told me about this third party app that you run on a home machine, it logs into outlook webmail and redirects to your iPhone. Workable but kludgy. I don't know if this is a selling point for me (yet).

So what's the rumor on full exchange support for us non-IMAP professional users? Is this a microsoft thing or Apple not wanting to support it on purpose?

Needless to say, the moment this is supported Apple will have 2 more iPhone customers (my wife and I). Again, sorry if this has been covered but the search feature was providing way too many overwhelming returns.

Thanks.

mpuck972

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2007
As of now, IMAP is the only way to do it. Such a shame because Exchange is so widely used. Personally I think its an Apple issue where they don't want to support it.

IMAP by the way is not an easy thing to set up and use either. Maybe full Exchange will come along with MMS, chat program, video function, editing email landscape......................

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.