Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Maclver

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 23, 2008
New Mexico
Just curious if anyone has had this issue or has seen it and what the results were. I did an Express Replacement through the support app for my damaged iPhone 14 Pro. Got the shipment notification that included the new serial and IMEI number. Got the package the other day and opened to notice the box was empty. Just had the second box the phone was supposed to be in. The tape was intact. But the odd thing was there wasn’t a this package contains lithium batteries sticker on the outside. It was placed on the inside as if I was supposed to put it on there. Also on the side of the outside of the box there is a sticker that says Serial Number and IMEI number but both those spots have no numbers, just blank. I have a case opened with AC Customer Relations but she said the investigation could take 7-10 days. Which seems crazy. I don’t think the iPhone was stolen in transit. I think the warehouse just sent me a box thinking it was for a trade in.

Just worried Apple won’t make this right 😔

DaveS86

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2022
Don’t worry, they will see that the imei and the serial number aren’t being used, they’ll put it right guaranteed.

Reactions: Maclver

Maclver

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 23, 2008
New Mexico
Don’t worry, they will see that the imei and the serial number aren’t being used, they’ll put it right guaranteed.
Thanks! i completely understand why they have to investigate. Still just sucks not knowing and being in limbo for so many days. Next time I’ll just drive the Apple Store.

Last edited:

Hansana

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2014
Just curious if anyone has had this issue or has seen it and what the results were. I did an Express Replacement through the support app for my damaged iPhone 14 Pro. Got the shipment notification that included the new serial and IMEI number. Got the package the other day and opened to notice the box was empty. Just had the second box the phone was supposed to be in. The tape was intact. But the odd thing was there wasn’t a this package contains lithium batteries sticker on the outside. It was placed on the inside as if I was supposed to put it on there. Also on the side of the outside of the box there is a sticker that says Serial Number and IMEI number but both those spots have no numbers, just blank. I have a case opened with AC Customer Relations but she said the investigation could take 7-10 days. Which seems crazy. I don’t think the iPhone was stolen in transit. I think the warehouse just sent me a box thinking it was for a trade in.

Just worried Apple won’t make this right

Are you sure you requested Express replacement and not sending it to repair?

Usually with an express replacement they put a hold on your credit card for the full amount of a new phone till you send the broken one back.

Lithium sticker on the outside is for the shipment back with your phone in it.

Maclver

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 23, 2008
New Mexico
Are you sure you requested Express replacement and not sending it to repair?

Usually with an express replacement they put a hold on your credit card for the full amount of a new phone till you send the broken one back.

Lithium sticker on the outside is for the shipment back with your phone in it.
100% sure. I have a hold on my CC for $1,204.51. The shipment email included the new serial number and new IMEI number.

When I have done this in the past the lithium sticker was already fixed to the outside of the box. This one had one inside the box for me to put on the outside.

Hansana

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2014
100% sure. I have a hold on my CC for $1,204.51. The shipment email included the new serial number and new IMEI number.

When I have done this in the past the lithium sticker was already fixed to the outside of the box. This one had one inside the box for me to put on the outside.

Oh right. Yeah wonder what happened there. Keep us updated!

Reactions: Maclver
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.