Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

uptempos

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 25, 2015
What happens now? it shows unable to deliver. Luckily I recorded myself putting the iphone with serial on screen undamaged to closing the apple provided box all the walk to walking into fedex store and getting receipt. But this is the first time where I encountered where the iphone is "damaged" in transit. Has anyone experienced this, I want to make sure the $1.5k charge isnt going to be placed on cc.

Fedex showed "on vehicle for delivery" in Sacramento, then right after now shows "Damaged - unable to deliver"

I called Apple support and they said to wait 3 business days.

Just wanted to get other's thoughts to calm some nerves if they experienced anything like this.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0125.png
    IMG_0125.png
    297.5 KB · Views: 253

nikster0029

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
same thing happened to me, but the package was just not moving on tracking. They did an investigation and after a week, they dropped the charge saying fedex lost it.

uptempos

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 25, 2015
same thing happened to me, but the package was just not moving on tracking. They did an investigation and after a week, they dropped the charge saying fedex lost it.
thanks for sharing. Did you simply just call back to Apple Support after 3 business days or so when it wasn't moving on tracking?

nikster0029

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
thanks for sharing. Did you simply just call back to Apple Support after 3 business days or so when it wasn't moving on tracking?
I got an email saying that I would be charged if I didn’t ship my product back. I was asked if I had the receipt for dropoff, and I confirmed. They started the FedEx investigation on their end, and within 48 hours, I got my money back.

one more

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
Do not worry, once FedEx took hold of it and you have a proof of posting, it becomes the carrier’s liability and they will need to resolve any issues with Apple.

Reactions: canuckRus

uptempos

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 25, 2015
quick update and question. Fedex still shows "damaged" and no movement since last Friday. However, I noticed the $1.5k temporary authorization has disappeared on my credit card. Is it safe to assume they received it but fedex not updated?

will still call them tomorrow, but im curious why the temp auth has already dropped.

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
I would still call Apple to confirm. If anything, do it for peace of mind. But I take that Apple would handle it directly with FedEx and you shouldn’t really have concerns.

jlc1978

macrumors 603
Aug 14, 2009
quick update and question. Fedex still shows "damaged" and no movement since last Friday. However, I noticed the $1.5k temporary authorization has disappeared on my credit card. Is it safe to assume they received it but fedex not updated?

will still call them tomorrow, but im curious why the temp auth has already dropped.

Temporary authorizations often drop off automatically after a few days; otherwise you'd have holds forever if a merchant failed to cancel it.

Either way, once you proved FedEx got it, a mother's pointed out, Apple and FedEx will sort it out. Given the volume Apple does with them they no doubt have a procedure to resolve it and you not get charged as stuff does get lost/damaged/miss delivered. What is amazing is with the volume FedEx handles how few get lost or damaged; they know when the last package should and does leave the hub and have people who check for any that may have fallen off the sorter.

Always a good idea to get a hard copy receipt just in case; I do that and then snap a photo for my records. I've had issues with Amazon and sending a copy of the drop-off resolves it.

With Apple products even if I have it shipped I do the trade in in store so there is no issue with what it's worth and it's done right away; I realize some don't have the option since their isn't an Apple Store nearby.

uptempos

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 25, 2015
thanks all..in case anyone needs to see this in the future. Apple transferred me to Customer Relations aftter the 3 business day wait. They asked me if I still have receipt as proof (they never asked to see it though), and confirmed via tracking Fedex "damaged" it (ahem, sus) and released the credit authorization hold.

hch720

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2022
FedEx ran their truck over my AirPods replacement that Apple shipped to me a few years ago. Luckily apple was nice enough to send me a brand new pair for free after I talked to them on support. I still have that crushed set, sits in my shelf to this day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.