Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SonicSoundVW

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 22, 2014
Michigan, USA
I've sent the last few weeks organizing all my photos so I can sync photos back onto my phone.

When I attempted to sync the photos to my phone using finder, it (after over 12 hours) was stuck on "syncing (step 3 of 4) reading photos library."

It is an iPhone 11 Pro running iOS 15.5
The MacBook Pro is running macOS Big Sur 11.6.5 (20G527)

Clicking "skip photos" does nothing. Ejecting does nothing. If I unplug it, it starts back over and gets stuck in the same place. I've tried disabling auto-sync, but it won't deactivate.

I've searched online and in the forums here with no luck. Most reference iTunes, but that no longer exists.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm at my wit's end.

nina2210

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2022
I've sent the last few weeks organizing all my photos so I can sync photos back onto my phone.

When I attempted to sync the photos to my phone using finder, it (after over 12 hours) was stuck on "syncing (step 3 of 4) reading photos library."

It is an iPhone 11 Pro running iOS 15.5
The MacBook Pro is running macOS Big Sur 11.6.5 (20G527)

Clicking "skip photos" does nothing. Ejecting does nothing. If I unplug it, it starts back over and gets stuck in the same place. I've tried disabling auto-sync, but it won't deactivate.

I've searched online and in the forums here with no luck. Most reference iTunes, but that no longer exists.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm at my wit's end.
Have you found a fix for this? I have an iPhone 11 Pro too, running 15.6. I also have iCloud Photos enabled.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.