Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jaykk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 5, 2002
CA

Attachments

• applephone.jpg
    applephone.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 850

scem0

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
Im glad it is fake. I think that is pretty ugily-bugilly. I could live with that if it was a really cool device though.

mac15

macrumors 68040
Dec 29, 2001
eww thats ugly, the iphone would be nice, but it won't be replacing my nokia 3330 anytime soon :D

jaykk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 5, 2002
CA
this is first time I am seeing this... but i guess thre is something cooking up at apple.

BongHits

macrumors regular
May 2, 2002
chicago
Originally posted by sparkleytone
wow that is the ugliest thing i have ever seen.
tell it like it is...
that thing is straight FUGLY!! i wouldnt be caught dead using one, plus it looks huge and anything from apple using an os x lite REQUIRES a high color screen imo (B&W Aqua!?)

RBMaraman

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2002
New Albany, IN
I think this iPhone is a dumb idea. They should concentrate on something cool, that everyone would like. My suggestion is iMidget. You get your very own midget to help you with your mac. The midget will not only be able to help you with your day to day work, but if you have an AppleCare plan, the midget will be able to assist you with all of your problems.

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
I think I know why Apple will continue to SUPPORT phones and MAKE one. And I'm sort of suprised no one has brought this up.

Remember back to iPhoto? Apple listed all these compatible cameras, but there were few rumors about Apple developing a camera. Have we seen one yet?

This iPhone sh*t is exactly the same thing. Apple creates an iApp so that you can transfer files back and forth to and from certain phones. I'm sure that the list will continue to grow. But I don't think you will see Apple developing a phone, much less, a camera.

Plain and simple: Apple didn't make a camera for iPhoto, and they won't make a phone for iSync. Period.

void

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2002
Not here
If apple really did make an iPhone, it would be either chrome-ish silver (Pro-Line), or White and chrome (Consumer-Line). Graphite is dead and has been since quicksilver.

djniche

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2002
DC
Originally posted by King Cobra
I think I know why Apple will continue to SUPPORT phones and MAKE one. And I'm sort of suprised no one has brought this up.

Remember back to iPhoto? Apple listed all these compatible cameras, but there were few rumors about Apple developing a camera. Have we seen one yet?

This iPhone sh*t is exactly the same thing. Apple creates an iApp so that you can transfer files back and forth to and from certain phones. I'm sure that the list will continue to grow. But I don't think you will see Apple developing a phone, much less, a camera.

Plain and simple: Apple didn't make a camera for iPhoto, and they won't make a phone for iSync. Period.

I couldn't disagree with you anymore. Take the ipod's success as an example of I-tool devices. The same would happen with an apple camera or phone. If apple was to create these two with the same easy of use, great design and innovating features. All these features are already available in jaguar and they are capable of bringing the best camera or cell phone outhere. Just as they have created the best MP3 player. Nobody is 100% sure this devices will be produced but their success is already a given. This success at the end translates into profit for apple. So they should for sure go ahead and bring those devices to consumers. I can see a future apple devices compatible with apple and windows selling in best buy and other big electronic stores.

Shrek

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2002
Nashville, Tennessee USA
Originally posted by King Cobra

In all actuality the cell phone is the most popular digital device out there, so that makes it a viable market for Apple. And as much as Apple innovatives I think they could do really good in this market. ;)

GO APPLE!!! :D

void

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2002
Not here
And even if it was real, the apple logo wouldn't be sideways like that with the screen at a 90 degree angle.
Edit: Post # 50! Slowly but steadily surpassing Duke.

thejll

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2002
Did anyone happen to notice that in that shot, the Palm OS Date Book is being displayed backwards?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.