Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hxe3333

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 16, 2007
Hello,

I've been enjoying iphone since it came out. I live in US, and yes i do can read English, but sometime people might want to type in different language. In my case Japanese. Now, can someone develop forign language package for iPhone? OSX supports them... I remember there is one webapp that I can type in European languages and send email, but what about non-alphabetic language? Or what if I wanna search on google?

Let me know if there is something. Or somebody's willing to develop as native package I can install through installer.app. I'm even willing to pay for your effort!!

hxe3333

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 16, 2007
I'm not asking for internationalizatuon on whole system, but just ability to type forign language in YouTube, mail, safari etc.

Here is a joke I read on F1 site.
Not to offend Americans, it's just a joke, so take it easy.

What do you call people who speak two languages?
A. Bilingual

What do you call people who speak three languages?
A. Trilingual

Now, what do you call people who speak one language?
A. Americans!
I'm not saying this is proven to be true. Like for example, in my country, not many ppl could understand American English on the street. I guess the joke was just European's humor and little envy against Americans, but hey, don't you sometime want to search some words in different languages, if you at least know a little?

Anyways, let me know!

Peace

Bernie-Mac

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2007
Sin City, NV
Yeah that would be pretty cool to have a translator or something like that on the iphone, funny joke lol, but the british are just mad we won our independence from them and bailed them out in both world wars :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.