Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gadgetfreak98

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 6, 2009
Hi all. I have a super-annoying issue that has yet to be solved.

I have an 11 Pro Max. I'm using AT&T in the physical SIM slot and Verizon over esim. Of late, I have found that my phone will often freeze up and the issue seems to occur when switching off of wifi and on to cellular. I have toggled which main cellular provider I am using and this seems to have no effect. I often notice that the cellular radio seems to be hunting as the bars cycle from left to right. But this is not always the case, as sometimes it appears I have normal service too.

This manifests itself sometimes as frozen apps (including built in apps like phone, messages or safari). But then it seems to progress and lock up everything. My typical fix, unfortunately is a hard reset.

I have reset all network settings, with no effect. I have erased all settings, and that seemed to help for a bit, but not completely and it's happening frequently again. I'm on 13.7, but this was occurring under prior versions of iOS 13 as well. I suppose my next step is to restore? But I hate going through that if that's not going to help.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.