Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shakopeemn

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2014
it doesn't respring but it just stays "stuck for a minute or so"

has this been happening to anyone else lately?

I've noticed quite a bit of freezing as well. Freezing occurs most often when running GPS app and removing from power in car. If I unplug the iphone from power, it's unresponsive. I can't close the app or put the phone to sleep. My workaround is to exit the app, home screen, sleep, then unplug from power.

iphone 6, 11.4.1

eclipse01

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
I've noticed quite a bit of freezing as well. Freezing occurs most often when running GPS app and removing from power in car. If I unplug the iphone from power, it's unresponsive. I can't close the app or put the phone to sleep. My workaround is to exit the app, home screen, sleep, then unplug from power.

iphone 6, 11.4.1

The two times I remember is when I went in/out of Accuweather and in/out of facebook.

davidmartindale

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2011
PNW, USA
it doesn't respring but it just stays "stuck for a minute or so"

has this been happening to anyone else lately?

Yeah I have noticed more freezing and slowness on my iPhone X going from iOS 11.4 to 11.4.1 and that was on a fresh restore. Though to be fair most of the slowness I was experiencing was right after the restore while configuring iCloud settings and downloading apps, changing settings, etc.

radubraharu

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2018
Romania
Mine never had freezes. I've made a video with all the settings from my phone, and from time to time I reset all settings, and then make them back manually. And I always update through itunes.

Reactions: decafjava

Jim_B

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2018

iphone 6, 11.4.1
[doublepost=1537025127][/doublepost]The freezing started with my 6S. I bought an 8 and it continues. Your post describes it exactly. I use Waze and when I arrive somewhere such as a store, home, someone else’s home, unplug power and get out, it freezes. I’ll try closing the app before removing the power cord.

I was thinking it was looking for WiFi maybe.

cwerdna

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2005
SF Bay Area, California

iphone 6, 11.4.1
Yes. I started hitting that I think around iOS 11.3 on my iPhone 8. Had never seen it on earlier iOS 11.x versions. I upgraded to 11.4 and later 11.4.1 (hoping it was fixed) but the problem still seems to happen randomly.

I'm usually running Waze and it's not clear to me if it has to do with a power cut or Bluetooth connection loss (e.g. for iOS to update parked car location). Usually Waze was running or in sleep mode.

The sleep/wake button doesn't work. IIRC, the home button doesn't work either and no touches get registered. Then maybe after a minute or so of being stuck, suddenly all the actions (screen taps, button presses, etc.) that were queued up go through.

It'll probably be a few weeks before I upgrade my iPhone 8 to iOS 12.0.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.